Oct 11, 2010

You Get What You Pay For

So, a few months ago, I introduced LZ to the wonder of Lush Bath Bombs. Not surprisingly, she loves them (a bit surprisingly, she calls them "scrubbies;" I'm still not sure where that came from). Unfortunately, at four bucks a pop, bath time can get to be quite expensive.

A few weeks ago, I got a couple of cute little rubber ducky bath bomb-type things at a baby shower I went to. This opened me up to the wonderful world of cheap bath products. I know they existed before then, it just hadn't occured to me to go look for them.

Anyway, after the success I had with the duckys, I figured I could pick up some cheapo ones the next time I went to the dollar store. Big mistake.

Long story short, we tried the dollar store scrubbie tonight, and my poor baby got a painful, red rash all over her back.  Bad Mommy! Dad rushed out to buy some aloe, and all seems to be well (I guess we'll see in the morning, though).

No more cheaping out when it comes to bath time. I guess it's back to Lush for me. Or, perhaps I'll try to make my own.

I smell a project coming on, muahaha...

No comments: