Oct 21, 2010

One of Them

So, I may be joining the ranks of the minivan owners...

Since number 2 is on the way, the DH and I figured he needs a new car. He's got a single-cab pickup truck, so there's no way the whole family will fit in there.

Of course, we could take two cars if we need to take the truck somewhere (which isn't a *terrible* idea. How many times are all four of us going to need to go somewhere with the truck?), but we decided instead to look into another vehicle. This could have something to do with the fact that the DH collects cars like others collect stamps, but, I digress...

Meanwhile, I don't need a new car. The Honda offers plenty enough room for me to chauffer the kids around and the whole family can fit as needed. But then, I started thinking...

It sure would be a lot easier to get in and out of a minivan, especially with two car seats. We'd have room for the four of us, plus any other passengers we need to cart around. And my Honda is getting pretty old; maybe *I'm* the one who needs a new vehicle.

But, do I really want a minivan? Well, no.

What I really want is a BMW X5. Third-row seating, manual transmission, and it's cool. Not like a minivan at all.

Of course, it also costs way more than I want to spend, even if I buy it used. Plus, I have no complaints with my Honda. It's reliable, gets decent gas mileage; Honda has a minivan...

Anyway, no decisions have been made. I may just keep my old car, at least for now. At least it's paid for.

No comments: