May 9, 2010

Mother, Mother

So, today is Mother's Day. It was pretty low-key, even by my admittedly low standards.

The DH bought me a toaster oven (!), which, believe me isn't insulting or anything like that. I always wonder why women are supposed to be sooo insulted if they get appliances for gifts. If it's something I want, I'm glad to have it. If it meant he was actually listening when I said I needed a ______, I'd be thrilled.

As it is, it's just totally random. I want many things, including kitchen appliances (hello, waffle iron), but I don't think I've ever said I wanted a new toaster oven. It's pretty nice, though, and big. Maybe I'll start using one more often.

Summer is coming up, so a nice, big toaster oven is definitely preferable to heating up the whole house with the regular oven.

After that, the DH, LZ and I went out to a restaurant for brunch/lunch.

Like I said, low-key.

The MiL came over later and the DH cooked up steak, shrimp and crab legs.

Okay, so maybe not *that* low-key.

My MiL brought over a blueberry pie and then we had sno-cones from the sno-cone maker the DH bought for his mom.

In other words, I'm stuffed.

On the whole, not a bad day, I have to admit.

No comments: