Oct 15, 2010

Still, I Subscribe

I am a magazine junkie. I admit it.

 A couple of days ago, I received two magazines in my mailbox: Real Simple and Parents. A few days before that, the Oprah magazine arrived. A few days before *that,* Fresh Home showed up. I also subscribe to Whole Living. Apparently I also subscribe to something called Natural Solutions. It came in the mail the other day, but I have absolutely no memory of ordering it.

And still I want more. I'd like to resubscribe to Parenting, and maybe Health. I recently subscribed to Better Homes and Gardens, but I haven't started receiving it yet.

If an envelope comes in the mail that asks me to be a charter subscriber to a brand-new magazine, odds are I will.

It's an addiction, I know. It leads to an ever-growing shelf of magazines. Every few months, I'll go through my old magazines page by page and rip out any articles of interest, for later. I have accordion folders full of articles of interest.


But I just love them. I love the big glossy pages, the gorgeous photographs, the promise of achieving perfection, if not this month, then next month, definitely. It's all achievable: the perfect meal, the perfect room, the perfect outfit, the perfect outlook, the perfect life -- and in only 5 easy steps.

Sigh.

My apologies for the BS post yesterday. I was literally crawling into bed at 11:30 (I really need to start getting to bed earlier), when I realized I hadn't posted yet. Oh, the things I do for NaBloPoMo.

No comments: