Oct 12, 2010

Red Queens and Pregnant Jeans

So, since it was a school day for LZ, I decided to take my two hours of freedom and do a little second-hand shopping.

Since her preschool class is only two hours, I usually take that time and walk around the neighborhood and listen to my Mp3 player (I am currently listening to Dave Eggars' "Zeitoun," BTW and I love it so far. I'm only about halfway through, but it is a very well written and engaging story).

However, since I apparently can't fit my newly fat a** into even my old maternity clothes, I knew drastic measures had to be taken, namely clothes shopping. Since I also don't have any money (like usual), I found myself at Savers.

For a secondhand store, Savers isn't bad. The clothes are in pretty decent shape, the prices aren't bad (not great, but not bad) and, best of all, they have a dressing room! I've never seen that in a secondhand store.

Anyway, for 30 bucks, I got 3 maternity jeans and a maternity top. Not an outstanding haul, but nothing to sneeze at. The maternity section, while not massive, was actually bigger than I expected.

While I was checking out Savers' web site, I clicked on their bit about Halloween costumes. I am in love with this one. I'm not a big fan of Halloween (especially the Sexy _____ costumes that seem to abound). Buying costumes seems like a waste of money, and making them seems like a waste of time, but the whole Red Queen thing is really speaking to me.

I saw a few items at Savers that might work, but since I'm practically broke (as always), I didn't buy anything. We'll just have to see...

No comments: